Local PNG Led Trek
The following are included in the price of your Kokoda Spirit trekking adventure trip:
- Internal Charter flight Kokoda to Port Moresby or Port Moresby to Popendetta.
(Depending on trek direction)
- Airport/Hotel accommodation transfers
- Accommodation 2 nights twin share, at a secure 3.5 star Hotel in Port Moresby (pre and post trek only) Gateway Hotel.
- Breakfasts In Hotels
- Bus Transport to or from Owers Corner
- Visit to the Bomana War Cemetery
- After trek celebration and presentation ceremony
- All meals during the trek, prepared fresh by our professionally trained cooks, hot breakfast, lunch & dinner
- We do not use dehydration packs just fresh wholesome food
- 24 hour emergency support network in Port Moresby and Australia
- Communication and emergency equipment, satellite phone
- Kokoda Specific Training Program
- Comprehensive pre trek information and support package. Experienced support staff to answer your questions and requests prior to your trek.
- Experienced and professionally trained PNG Trek Master and Experienced PNG Trek Leader
- Our Porters and Guides are exclusively from the Koiari and Orokaiva villages along the Kokoda Track
- We provide our guides and porters with a medical kit
- First Aid trained medic and Guide
- Guides and porters professionally trained for Rope and River crossings
- Professionally trained cooks and camp staff
- We carry all our food and supplies for the complete trek, avoiding any risky and delayed/cancelled halfway food drops. Plus we get the opportunity to give more work to our Porters for the whole trek.
- Group porters / Camp porters
- Village campsite fees
- Village guesthouse or tent accommodation along the Kokoda Track
- Group Camping and trek equipment
- Kokoda Track Authority fee and permit
- Kokoda Spirit Certificate on completion
- Kokoda Spirit Cool Dry shirt
- We have a Port Moresby office and logistic and support staff
- Porter flights/transport to and from the Kokoda Track
- All Porter food and camping equipment and uniform
- We pay our Trek Guides and Porters well above the industry average and well above the recommended amount specified by the Kokoda Track Authority.
- Our Porters carry less than the specified weight recommended by the Kokoda Track authority and less than the International Porters code.
The following are not included in the price of your Kokoda trekking adventure trip:
- International flights and Domestic flights (within Australia)
- Anti-malaria medication and / or inoculations as recommended by your Doctor
- Personal first aid and personal care items
- Medical Assessment
(Kokoda Spirit will provide each person with a Doctors letter to take to your local Doctor)
- Visa for entry into PNG
- Personal Travel Insurance (Insurance needs to include provision for an emergency airlift out of the Kokoda Track)
- Personal expenses in Port Moresby (eg. telephone calls, drinks, meals, room service etc)
- Extra nights accommodation in Port Moresby
- Trekking Gear List items
- Personal Porter (to carry your rucksack or backpack highly recommended)
- All expenses relating to a Medical Evacuation (refer to Booking Terms)
KOKODA SPIRIT CAN SUPPLY YOUR KOKODA CAMPING GEAR PACKAGES AT VERY COMPETITIVE PRICES.
OUR GEAR IS TRIED AND TESTED ON KOKODA.
SAVE YOURSELF BIG BUCKS WITH US!
If a product listed is not available at the time of purchase, a similar product of equal value and quality will be supplied.