To our Kokoda Spirit trekkers,
Below is some important information regarding changes to entry Visas for PNG.
If you have any questions regarding this information please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Kokoda Spirit Tourist Travel to Papua New Guinea urgent update
Australian Passport Holders can obtain a Visa on arrival into PNG. You can however apply for a Visa prior to traveling to PNG.
Information for Australians obtaining a visa for PNG from the consulate:
– A visa application for PNG takes 5 – 7 days to be processed (process starts once documents are received) providing all paperwork is complete
– PNG Consulates are located in Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra. We have included the postal addresses below.
– A new Consulate office will open in Cairns in the near future.
– The application form and requirements remain the same
- 1 x passport photo
- Copy of travel itinerary
- Completed application form
- Paid, self addressed registered parcel bag for the return of your passport.
- – Cost for a visa will remain the same
- $0 – Tourist Visa (no application fee)
- $215 – single entry business visa
- $435 – Multiple Entry Business visa (12 months period commences on first arrival)
Brisbane Consulate-General of Papua New Guinea
Level 3, 344 Queens Street
GPO Box 220
Tel: (07) 3221 7915
Fax: (07) 3229 6084
(Note: New Office Location – Level 3, 344 Queens Street)
Consulate-General of Papua New Guinea
Level 2, 222 Clarence Street ,
Sydeny NSW 2000
PO Box A2273
Sydney South, NSW 1235
Tel: (02) 9283 9020 Fax: (02) 9283 5424
Australia – Canberra
PNG High Commission
39-41 Forster Crescent,
Yarralumla ACT 2602
P.O BOX E6317 Kingston ACT 2604
Ph: 612 62 733 322
Fax: 612 62 733 732
If a product listed is not available at the time of purchase, a similar product of equal value and quality will be supplied.