We may cancel or postpone a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, travel bans, closure of borders or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel or postpone your trip, you can transfer amounts paid as travel credit to an alternate departure date within a designated time period. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights. Booking terms and cancellations are as per original booking.
- In the event of any legal action against Kokoda Spirit the client agrees that such action will be determined under the terms of the laws of Queensland, Australia.
- PNG has been referred to as “the land of the unexpected’. It is a developing nation and we cannot accept responsibility for accident, loss, injury, disappointment, and delay or irregularity in flight, accommodation, transportation and other services provided on your trip. While we endeavour to operate all trips as described we reserve the right to change the trip itinerary. Please refer to our website before departure for the most recent updates to your itinerary.
- Before departure: If we make a major change, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. The definition of a major change is deemed to be a change affecting at least one day in five of the itinerary. When a major change is made you may choose between accepting the change, obtaining a travel credit on the land portion of the trip only or accepting an alternative tour offered.
- After departure: We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control. In such emergency circumstances, the additional cost of any necessary itinerary alterations will be covered by you. Please note we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may be incurred as a result of the change of itineraries such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
- (a) a) Trek Masters and Australian guides nominated for treks can vary due to changing schedules, sickness, injury or other unforeseen circumstances. Kokoda Spirit will allocate the best available PNG Trek Master or Australian guide but cannot give any assurance that any particular guide will be on any trek.
- 5. If for any reason, including injury to the Australian guide during a trek, Kokoda Spirit is unable to provide an Australian guide for a booked Australian Led trek, or the Australian guide is unable to complete the trek, Kokoda Spirit may refund to trekkers on such trek the difference between the price of an Australian Led trek and a local PNG led trek in appropriate circumstances, but shall not otherwise be liable to trekkers affected by any change.
- 6. Our group trips are run by a group leader. The decision of the group leader is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any traveller or staff member participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a group leader or interfere with the well-being or mobility of the group, the group leader may direct you to leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. We may also elect not to carry you on any future trips booked. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.